- Spay Hotline - 1-800-248-SPAY. This service provides free or low cost neuter services as well as referrals in your local area.
- National Animal Poison Control Center - 1-888-426-4435. While the information here is much needed, it is important to note that there is a $65 charge to speak to consult with a veterinarian about your dog's condition. As a dog owner, I think this is a little pricey and will continue to look for additional sources which are cheaper as well as informative. If you suspect your dog has been exposed to poison(s), I suggest immediately taking your dog to your veterinarian.
- Emergency Disaster Hotline - 1-800-227-4645. In case of a disaster, including earthquakes, call the above number to get information on where to go in case of an emergency and what to do. It will also provide additional information to help you make the best decision when faced in a crisis situation.
- Animal Recovery - 1-800-252-7894. Call this number if you are looking for yourself or others who have lost their dog and is part of the AKC registry.
- Lyme Disease Hotline - 1-800-886-5963. Useful information on how to prevent your dog from getting ticks.
- Pet Loss Hotline - 1-888-478-7574. This is an extremely beneficial service providing emotional support when dog owners have either lost their dogs or are dealing with life threatening issues keeping their dog alive and need additional support. What is great about this service is that it is 24 hours, 7 days a week, and if you cannot speak to someone immediately, you can leave your information. This is a FREE service.
- Stolen Pet Hotline- 1-800-STOLEN-PET. You are assisted with information on what to do if you believe your dog has been taken.
- Pet Travel Resources- 1-800-545-USDA. If you know you will be traveling with your pet by plane, call this number to find out what you will need to bring.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Must Have Dog Phone Numbers
There are several phone numbers which all dog owners should keep on hand in case of an emergency involving your dog. These numbers will come in handy in case your dog falls ill, is found to be stolen, or you are in need of travel information. I have included a few extra numbers you should be familiar with just in case the unexpected happens.
- Have We Lost Our Republic?
- Addison Disease in Dogs
- City of Cotati- What Makes a Good Dog Park?
- Rohnert Park News
- City of Cotati - Dog Park Etiquette
- Peet's Coffee Review
- Acrobatic Dog Video
- Must Have Dog Phone Numbers
- City of Cotati Municipal Dog Codes
- City of Cotati Leaving Us Vulnerable
- Keeping a Dog File
- Dog Poop Facts-What You Need to Know
- Dog Waste and Our Water
- Treating Dog Constipation
- Reasons to Clean Your Dog's Waste
- Cotati Need for Dog Removal?
- Neighbors Who Don't Pick Up After Dog
- Gardening Tips for Dog Owners
- ▼ January (19)